So I've decided to take the next session (summer) off...what am I going to do with all my free time? Most people would be kinda unsettled about this, I've got a job and I'll be starting a new one here pretty soon so I've got that covered, what about the rest of the time?
Well I decided I FINALLY have the time to increase...wait for it...my marketability! I've been thinking of things I've been meaning to accomplish but 1) I've never had the time OR 2) I've been lazy/something(someone) has always stood in my way. I'm talking about doing things that will not only impress others but add to my awesome rep as well.
I've been trying to cover all my bases, I've loaded my car with any and everything I could possibly need for fun outdoorsy activities (the whole "be prepared" boy scout motto is a serious deal). I mean, what an awesome idea! how many times have you been someplace and you think "man, i wish i had a _______ so we could play ______." well start naming things because I've got it all covered! Second, I've decided to make myself look even greater, haha, not going to take long to hammer that one out. Third, I've decided I've got at least 3 good months to learn how to play the piano well. Think about guys who play musical instruments, girls are attracted to them like mice to cheese! Sure, the guitar is pretty cool...if you're a no talent tool. You can play other instruments (sax, bass, violin,...harp...if you feel so inclined) but most other instruments require the accompanied talent of other colleagues; BUT, stay with me here...people who play piano...are...the...coolest...most attractive...marketable people out there! WELL, I've got a keyboard that has kind of been collecting dust. I bought it earlier this year because I had some spare time and I felt like I needed to play something different (guitar has gotten boring for me lately). I can play a few songs but I have challenged myself with this task so i MUST follow through. Mark my words, at the end of three months I will be even more awesome than I am now! (eat your muscle-y heart out P90X) If you can think of anything more awesome for me to do I will gladly accept other challenges. The countdown starts...NOW!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment